Baby Feeding Schedule Templates for Various Growing Stages
There are just too many questions about the life of newborns, especially for new parents. Things such as how many intakes they should receive? Is it okay to wake them up to eat? Or why they seem to be constantly in hunger state? Despite the advice that you get left and right from many people including the Grandmothers, there’s a chance you still left confused. To have a clear track and guide on feeding the baby conveniently, use baby feeding schedule templates that are available for any ages and stages for your infant.
What Is a Feeding Schedule for Baby?
After the birthing mother is allowed to go home, she is usually given a feeding schedule to take home. More and more family are making request to receive it too nowadays, because life with an infant can be really challenging at home.
So many things related to the baby must not be forgotten such as changing their diaper or breastfeeding time by the mother. Baby feeding schedule templates would make it easier for you to keep track on the activities related to the infant. You can expect to relieve some stress because you do not have to constantly remember about the schedule, and look at the template instead.
How Often You Should Feed the Baby
Although, as it is applied to adults, the needs to eat for each baby is different, but there is one consistent rule according to their feeding types. Breastfed baby needs to be feed more often that bottle-fed baby. The reason behind this is because breast milk can be emptied from the stomach faster because it is easier to digest than formula milk.
Here is a tip for using baby feeding schedule templates for both types.
- Breastfed baby
- For newborn: feed them 8 to 12 times per day or 24 hours
- For 1 to 3 months old baby: feed them 7 to 9 times per day or 24 hours
- For 3 to 6 months old baby: feed them 6 to 8 times per day or 24 hours
- For 6 to 12 months old baby: feed them about 6 times per day or 24 hours. You may introduce them to solid food at this age.
- For 12 months old and up baby: feed them around 4 times a day.
- Bottle-fed baby
- For newborn to 2 months old: feed them once every 2 to 3 hours
- For 2 to 4 months old: feed them once every 3 to 4 hours
- For 4 to 6 months: feed them once every 4 to 5 hours
- For 6 months old and up baby: feed them once every 4 to 5 hours
Various things related to feeding such as how to do it, when the right time is, or what to feed the baby are common worries that most of parents shared. The best thing to do beside using baby feeding schedule templates is just to give extent care to know when the baby is hungry or full. Pay good attention to the cues on the baby to feed them at the right time.