Rotating Schedule Template to Keep a Fair Working Environment
A rotating schedule is the opposite of a fixed schedule. Here, employees take parts to work in a cycle of various interchangeable shifts as necessary. Some companies or workplaces apply rotation in their scheduling system by considering that some shifts might be more advantageous than the others, so rolling the workers’ shift is needed to keep it fair. For example, restaurant waiters who work at night shift work harder than the day shift, but also make more money especially in tips. A rotating schedule template should be applied in such a situation.
Benefits of a Rotating Schedule
Schedule rotation is very beneficial to the employees since it gives them the same opportunity of working in interchangeable shifts. Besides, there are some other advantages you can get by using a rotating schedule template in your workplace:
- Keeping the working enthusiasm of the employee because they know that they will get more advantages in certain shifts (in the restaurant and the other places with similar work systems).
- Providing flexible opportunities for all workers.
- Training the workers to be more responsible during peak hours and to get a better experience to face various customers.
- Balancing the working hours, especially for workplaces with a 12-hour working system.
- By using this scheduling system, you might spread the senior workers evenly to each of the available teams to get a good skill level balance for all shifts.
The Lack of a Rotating Schedule
What comes to your mind when you hear about the disadvantage? Do not get into negative thoughts so fast. Mind that everything, of course, has a consequence. Therefore, knowing the disadvantages of a rotating schedule template is also needed as a consideration related to your workplace.
- A rotating schedule is a type of scheduling that poor or working coordination because it will be hard for the workers to remember or master the schedule since it is always changed.
- There will be a possibility of unfavorable shift or working hours (usually workers prefer the shifts that have lesser tasks to do and avoiding peak hours).
- It may give an impact on the workers’ physical health. The human body has specific working hours too. In a rotating schedule, the workers follow the changes in shifts. It brings a possibility of forcing out their bodies and ends up to negative effect on their health.
Types of Rotating Schedule Templates
To choose the right rotating schedule template to manage the workers of your workplace, let’s discuss the common types of rotating schedules first.
- Traditional rotating schedule
This type is the simplest kind of one that manages all of the workers to change the schedule in a certain period.
- Slow rotating schedule
Here, each rotation of the working shift may last for 6 months or even a year as the maximum boundary.
- Oscillating rotating schedule
It includes 3 different shifts where the one shift stays stable while the other two become interchangeable rotating shifts. Using the schedule template will be the best choice for this type.